Experienced Houston Immigration Lawyer
You Can Count On

Get professional and compassionate legal services with our Houston immigration lawyers.

Qualified and Dependable Immigration Lawyers You Can Trust

Lack of information can become a barrier if you’re trying to stay in the country legally or petition for a family member to join you. This is why you need legal representation from our immigration attorneys. We handle a variety of immigration cases including but not limited to:


  • Got into the United States but are afraid to return to your home country because of persecution? You may be eligible for asylum. Whether you fear persecution due to your race, religion, nationality, political opinion in your home country, our Houston immigration lawyers are ready to help you win your asylum case and avoid deportation.

Battered Spouse Petitions (VAWA)

  • If you are a domestic violence and sexual assault victim of United States citizens and green card holders, we can help you obtain a green card independently without notifying your abuser. Our immigration attorneys can help you with enough evidence for your VAWA case. We can also shield you from your abuser by requesting information and documents on your behalf.

Consular Processing

  • Before obtaining a green card and immigrating to the United States, you must go through consular processing. From gathering and submitting paperwork to preparing for your interview, our immigration attorney in Houston can help you with consular processing.

Deferred Action (DACA, DAPA)

  • If you came to the U.S. without documentation or overstayed a visa as a minor and as a result of your parents’ actions, you are eligible for deferred action. Our immigration attorneys in Houston can inform you of your legal options to help protect your way of life in the U.S. This includes applying and renewing for DACA.

Family Petitions

  • Want to sponsor your family member to join you in the US? Our Houston immigration attorneys believe that families should not be kept apart from one another because of national borders. This is why we can help you with the required applications so your relatives can join you soon.


  • Obtaining a green card can be difficult. But our immigration lawyers can help you file the correct paperwork, apply for marriage licenses, and more to make the process seamless.

Deportation Defense

  • If you or your family member is facing deportation, our Houston deportation defense attorney can help you fight to remain in the United States. We can also help you navigate the legal requirements for permanent residency waivers .
Immigration Law Houston

Immigration Law Houston:
How Our Process Works

Get in Touch

  • When you contact us, our immigration attorney will give you an honest assessment of your case at an affordable price.

Create a Personalized Strategy

  • After evaluating your immigration case, we will create a customized legal plan to ensure you’re successful.

Solid Defense

  • Our Houston immigration attorneys will advocate for you diligently and make sure you stay in the United States.

Why We’re the #1 Rated Immigration Lawyers in Houston

At the Law Office of Damaris A. Chavez, we have an experienced team of immigration lawyers ready to guide you through the immigration processes while zealously protecting your interests. Our Houston lawyers are well-informed and knowledgeable about immigration laws. We’re realistic about your chances of success, giving you honest legal advice.

Consult with Our Supportive Immigration Attorneys in Houston

Whether you’re applying for citizenship or deferred action, facing deportation, or petitioning for a family member, The Law Office of Damaris A. Chavez has got your back.


Depending on your current immigration status or situation, there are a number of visas available to foreign nationals wishing to permanently immigrate to the United States. There is a fiancé(e) visa (if you are a foreign national engaged to a U.S. citizen), family visas (if you have or are the relative of a U.S. citizen and wish to immigrate to the U.S.), a work visa (if you have unique skills or requirements which make you a hot commodity in a particular field or industry), and more. Give us a call to speak to us about your case.
Permanent residency, obtained through a Green Card, allows a foreign national to live and work in the United States on a potentially indefinite basis. However, some Green Cards are first issued as a temporary basis for two years. After the first two years, providing you have not been convicted of any criminal activity and have maintained your eligibility status, you can apply to remove your restrictions and get a green card that is valid for 10 years.
Once an individual has been granted a Green Card, and if they wish to obtain U.S. citizenship through the naturalization process, there are certain requirements that must be met. You must have been physically present in the U.S., as a Green Card holder, for at least 50 percent of the time. You must not be away from the U.S. for any more than one year, and ideally less than six months prior to your citizenship application. You must not have committed a serious crime of moral turpitude. You must be able to write and speak English, and more. Consult with Attorney Chavez in order to get a complete list of the qualifications and requirements.
If you receive a deportation order or notification, the first thing you must do is contact us so we can work with you closely to build your deportation defense. You need an attorney who understands and is skilled in all aspects of immigration law. Attorney Chavez is committed to providing you with the honest, aggressive representation you need.
If your visa has expired or will expire, the first thing you need to do is contact an immigration attorney from our firm. We can sit down with you, review your current status and situation, and then help you determine the best course of action to pursue. Time is of the essence when it comes to expired visas, so we advise you do not delay.
Adjustment of status is when an individual goes through the process of gaining resident status, as opposed to a visitor. Change of status, on the other hand, is when a person changes a temporary status to another temporary status. For example, a student could change their status to a temporary worker.

Speak With Our Representatives Today!